The S.L.A.A. Women's “We Are Not Alone” Phone Meeting Group is a women only, telephone based group that is part of the Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (S.L.A.A.) fellowship. Our primary purpose is to carry the message to the sex and love addict who still suffers, and help other women who are experiencing the same addiction find recovery in S.L.A.A. and let them know there is a solution.
The S.L.A.A. Women's “We Are Not Alone” (WANA) Phone Meeting Group brings together women from around the world and combines the resources of individual women's phone meetings to carry out projects that would be difficult for a single telephone meeting to achieve.
The S.L.A.A. Preamble
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous. The only qualification for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. S.L.A.A. is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership, and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction we draw on five major resources:
- Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
- Sponsorship/Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A.
- Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
- Service. Our giving back to the S.L.A.A. community what we continue to freely receive.
- Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship S.L.A.A. is not affiliated with any other organizations, movements, or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns, which transcends any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We need protect with special care the anonymity of every S.L.A.A. member. Additionally, we try to avoid drawing undue attention to S.L.A.A. as a whole from the public media.
©1985, 2003, 2012 The Augustine Fellowship, S.L.A.A., Fellowship-Wide Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The S.L.A.A. Preamble is available as a PDF download from the S.L.A.A. Fellowship-Wide Services (F.W.S.) website.